County Unincorporated Areas
COUNTY UNINCORPORATED AREAS
including Morongo Valley, Landers, Johnson Valley, Yucca Mesa, Wonder Valley, etc.
Do you live in an unincorporated area of the Morongo Basin, such as Wonder Valley, Landers, Johnson Valley, or Yucca Mesa? Below you will find links and information to help you understand and navigate the natural and human-made systems that sustain and administer these communities. NOTE: If you live in Joshua Tree, go to this page.
Look for more resources on becoming an effective advocate in your community on the Take Action and Land Use/Development sections of this Website.
For the most current updates on issues in the unincorporated communities, read the MBCA blog. (Find your community’s name in the blog sidebar.)
Table of Contents:
Keep up to date on issues in your community at the MBCA blog! Look in the blog Sidebar for your community’s name.
THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:
|FEDERAL NEIGHBORS: Many Basin residents live bordering on Federal lands. For tips on how to have a say on proposals involving federal lands or agencies, learn about NEPA in our Guide to Environmental Regulations.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES ON THIS WEBSITE
For resources on our Issues pages specific to the unincorporated areas, go to:
- Your County Supervisor: The Morongo Basin is shared between the First and Third Supervisorial Districts of San Bernardino County, with the division roughly between Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms. To find your District click here. For County contact information, including your Supervisor, click here.
- Land Use Services, Yucca Valley Office: 57407 Twentynine Palms Outer Highway South,Yucca Valley, CA 92248, (760) 228-5430
- Countywide Complaint/Emergency Hotline: 1-800-722-3181
- State Assembly: The Morongo Basin unincorporated areas are shared between the 65th and 34th State Assembly Districts, with the division roughly between Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms. To locate your District, click here (link in left menu). To contact your elected state assemblyperson, click here.
- State Senate: The Morongo Basin unincorporated areas are mostly within the 18th State Senatorial District (Yucca Valley is in the 31st). To locate your District, click here. To contact your elected state senator, click here.
- The Morongo Basin is in the 41st Congressional District. To contact your Senator or Congressperson, click here.
YOUR COMMUNITY LINKS:
COPPER MOUNTAIN MESA: