- Short-Term Rentals Community Meetings
- Mojave Air Quality Management District Community Meeting
- Western Joshua Tree Conservation Act Information Event
- County Land Use Services Open House
- Pioneertown and Land Use in The Morongo Basin Item 1
MBCA has joined clean energy supporters across the country in requesting that their local utility (Southern California Edison in our case) clarify their commitment to decarbonization of power plants. The Edison Electric Institute (EEI), the industry’s trade organization, is planning to oppose some of the sensible emission control standards of the Biden administration’s climate legislation. Read the Los Angeles Times editorial that has many helpful links, and the national letter MBCA signed for more details.
MBCA joined more than 30 organizations and companies signing a letter in support of California AB 1757, a bill to aid California’s efforts to deal with climate change by setting targets to remove carbon from the atmosphere through natural carbon sequestration. “Setting ambitious natural carbon removal targets is both crucial and achievable,” states the letter. The bill is in the Governor’s hands for signing as of this writing.