- Submit your Desert-Wise Living Essay!
- Stop Cadiz! Support SB-307
- Alta Mira Development Defeated!
- Paradise Valley Development Threatens Joshua Tree National Park!
- West Mojave Route Network Project (WEMO) Land Use Plan Amendment published
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) workshop: Yucca Valley, May 18, 2019
- Cadiz / Assembly Bill 1000
- Eagle Crest Pumped Storage Project
- San Bernardino County RECE 4.10
- Altamira Gated Community Project
- Joshua Tree Solar Project
- Altamira Gate Community Housing Project
- Joshua Tree Airport solar project
- Eagle Crest Gen-Tie Project
- Off Highway Vehicle Recreation Act: Senate Bill 249
- Protecting Integrity of National Monuments
While we cannot say that there has been an end to plans for the Alta Mira housing project in the Friendly Hills area of Joshua Tree, the JT 105 Alliance citizens' group has informed MBCA that the developers have recently offered the project land for sale. Below is an update from the Alliance and also links to some of the documents involved in the ongoing legal efforts to stop or change the plan for the Alta Mira Housing Development in the Friendly Hills area of Joshua Tree.
Read MBCA's editorial published in the Hi Desert Star on October 29, 2016. It describes the problems with the County Supervisors' decision about the Altamira Housing Development and the lawsuit that has been filed by Joshua Tree residents.
Tuesday, September 27 - San Bernardino County Supervisors voted 3-2 to deny the appeal, thereby approving the Altamira Housing project to go forward.
AKA THE ALTAMIRA HOUSING PROJECT