- MBCA Candidates Virtual Forum
- San Bernardino Countywide Plan draft
- San Bernardino County Fire District Service Zone FP-5: parcel fee
- Cadiz Inc. groundwater harvesting project: AB 1000 update
The Cadiz company's long battle to pump desert groundwater and sell it to coastal cities, and desert protectors' long battle to prevent damage to desert ecosystems will likely come to a head on Friday, August 31, via a vote on California Senate Bill 120. The August 28 Desert Sun article by Sammy Roth includes a quotation from David Lamfrom of the National Parks Conservation Association, stating that passing SB 120 is "the immediate and only opportunity we have to make sure that this project would not cause substantial harm to Mojave Trails National Monument." Roth's article gives an overall and detailed view of this ongoing battle to preserve precious desert water.
- Cadiz / Assembly Bill 1000
- Eagle Crest Pumped Storage Project
- San Bernardino County RECE 4.10
- Altamira Gated Community Project
- Joshua Tree Solar Project
The San Gabriel Valley Water District, having been approached to be a customer of Cadiz, Inc.'s proposed water project, declined the opportunity at its Board meeting on Tuesday, March 21. MBCA has been informing our supporters for several years about the likely harm that will be done to East Mojave ecosystems should the company's plan be completed. This March 22 Desert Sun article describes the current situation and summarizes the history of the project. This LA Weekly article that we shared last fall provides a comprehensive look at the Project's history.