An administrative move within BLM management at the federal level has reduced the obstacles still in place for the Cadiz Valley Water Conservation, Recovery and Storage Project that seeks to move water from desert aquifers to urban areas of southern California. This April 5 story by our local radio station includes a map of the Cadiz location, and this LA Times article provides more details.
While MBCA and many other conservation advocates have spoken against the Cadiz Valley Water Conservation, Recovery and Storage Project, KCET recently published a commentary from Cadiz, Inc. in response to project criticisms.
Published on the KCET Redefine blog, Joshua Tree resident Sant Khalsa's commentary, "Opinion: Water Project Would Hurt New National Monument" provides background and details on the current status of the ill-conceived Project.Read more
- Joshua Tree Airport Solar: Next Era solar project on 115 acres
- Alta Mira Gated Community Housing Project: 248 homes on 105.24 acres
- Proposed Dollar General Store goes back to court
- Camp Rock Solar / Camp Rock Road, Lucerne Valley
- Cadiz Valley Water Conservation, Recovery and Storage Project ("Cadiz")
- Eagle Mountain / JTNP Boundary Study
- YV High School student Julia Martinez receives MBCA support
- MBCA celebrated Emeritus Director Esther Herbert
- 2016 Desert Wise Living Landscape Tour a great success!