- Return Eagle Mountain lands to JTNP
- Stop 2,220 home development - Mission Creek
- Black Rock Symposium: "How to Make Your Voice Heard on Conservation Issues in an Uncertain Political Climate."
- UCR Conference: Solar Energy Directions for Inland Southern California: Where is it going?
- Renewable energy Moratorium request - San Bernardino Co.
- Ruth Denison Environmental Conservation Scholarship
- Refreshed and renewed website - mbconservation.org
The Department of the Interior recently announced the latest step in the process of adding about 20,000 acres to Joshua Tree National Park. The "Eagle Mountain Boundary Study" began about two years ago and the current action moves another step toward final action.Read more
The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) presented its Huell Howser Best in Blue Award to the Joshua Basin Water District on December 1, 2016, for its innovative outreach program encouraging the public to plant water-saving native plants.Read more
On January 22, 2016, MBCA submitted a detailed comment letter to the BLM about the proposed changes to the West Mojave Plan (WEMO), arguing against the Plan Amendment, particularly the preferred Alternative 3, as it "threatens our quality of life, property values, tourism economics, and public land conservation values by legalizing OHV riding on thousands of miles of dirt roads throughout our Morongo Basin and other area communities in the West Mojave."Read more