- DOI Announces Intent to Reopen DRECP
- Missing in Action: SB Co. Renewable Energy Conservation Element
The information and links below are intended to assist you in responding to MBCA's February 14 Eblast request to contact the County Board of Supervisors about the County's Renewable Energy and Conservation Element, and about the proposed review of the Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan / DRECP.
- MBCA Annual Business Meeting & Program – February 10, 2018
- MBCA’s Palen Solar Project Comment letter
The latest deadline for comments on the Palen Solar Project in Riverside County is December 11. Here is the BLM webpage explaining the project alternatives. This BLM press release gives details on how to comment. We are also providing two already-submitted comment letters to inform you of important issues you should consider in your own comment. Basin and Range Watch has provided a comprehensive overview of concerns and their letter includes maps and illustrations. The second comment letter by Alfredo Acosta Figueroa and Patricia Robles is on behalf of La Cuna de Aztlán Sacred Sites Protection Circle, and includes a great deal of information about why this land is sacred to tribal members. The attachments to the letter by La Cuna de Azlan Sacred Sites Protection Circle provide an extensive exploration and explanation of tribal sacred sites in desert areas that would be affected by the proposed Palen solar plant: Sacred Sites Attachments Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.
- Community Plans Comment period deadline: Dec.15, 2017
- National Park fee increase Comment period extended: Dec. 22, 2017
- Palen Solar Project Comment period deadline: Dec. 11, 2017
- Emergency Meeting on Joshua Tree National Park Fee Hikes: Thursday, November 2nd
- San Bernardino County Community Plan Town Hall Meeting: Monday, November 6th
- RECE (Renewable Energy and Conservation Element): Supervisors Public Hearing, Tuesday, August 8th, 1 PM