- Fish and Game Commission to consider Joshua Tree Listing
- Protect Rooftop Solar!
- Comments due on San Bernardino County Housing Element
- Short Term Rental ordinance amendments
- Landscape Tour was a success
- Stagecoach Solar project put on hold
A HUGE THANK-YOU TO THE 476 PETITION SIGNERS AND 133 COMMENTERS. THE SUPERVISORS AGREED TO A 45-DAY HIATUS ON APPROVING NEW STR APPLICATIONS THROUGH THIS URGENCY ORDINANCE.
- Attend MBCA’s Landscape Tour Sunday April 24!
- Comments due on the Flamingo 640 Glamping Project
- Proposed Wonder Inn Hotel
- Short Term Rentals and the SB County Housing Element
- Is the Joshua Tree a Threatened Species?
The San Bernardino County Planning Commission's draft Short Term Rental (STR) ordinance agenda item on February 3 was continued to the next meeting, or more likely to a Special meeting to be determined at the next meeting (February 17). More than 5 hours were devoted to the topic, including the staff presentation, more than 60 public comments, and lengthy dialogue among the Commissioners. Key issues of further consideration included whether to allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) to be an STR, whether different desert and mountain conditions should dictate different ordinance details for those areas, and many other complex issues. MBCA Directors were disappointed at how little acknowledgement there was of housing inequity. The large increase in STRs has greatly reduced affordable rental housing especially in Morongo Basin communities (see Wayne Hamilton letter for more data).
Below is a series of lists, maps, comment letters and other documents that were provided by MBCA to the Planning Commission and other County entities to elaborate on the short-term rental problem in the Morongo Basin particularly.
Chart of STRs by Zipcode January 2022
MBCA’s 2.2.22 STR Comment letter
MBCA’s 10.19.21 STR Comment letter
Map of SB County Supervisorial Districts|
Data comparison of SB County Districts
Map of STRs by Zipcode January 2022
Map of SB County size compared to 4 states
Wayne Hamilton, MUSD Housing Liaison, Letter to Sup. Rowe
- Joshua Tree Candidacy for Threatened Status
- Desert Tortoise Candidacy for Endangered Status
- Countywide Plan / Repeal of Community Plans
- Stagecoach Solar
- XPressWest Wildlife Crossings
- Stinknet Invasive Plant!
- Virtually Attend MBCA Board Meetings
- Check the MBCA Calendar for Online Events
- Support MBCA through Amazon Smile