- Short Term Rentals and Housing Element Update
- Workshop and Webinar: Joshua Trees and Climate Change
- Sienna Solar 2
- Fish and Game Commission to consider Joshua Tree Listing
- Protect Rooftop Solar!
- Comments due on San Bernardino County Housing Element
- Short Term Rental ordinance amendments
- Landscape Tour was a success
- Stagecoach Solar project put on hold
More than a year after submitting initial comments on the Stagecoach project near Lucerne Valley, MBCA has submitted new comments that focus on harm to the Scenic Highway 247 plan and damage to the desert’s valuable and significant natural carbon sequestration. Within the comment letter on pages 2 and 3 are maps and photos that illustrate the potential viewshed deterioration along Highway 247. Photos later in the letter also illustrate the carbon-capturing potential of undisturbed desert lands. A two-page Science Brief created by several environmental advocates including MBCA’s Pat Flanagan provides a simple overview of the desert’s carbon capture capability and value. Finally, a short paper titled Notes on Models of Carbon Dynamics for the California Deserts by Dr. Michael F. Allen of UC Riverside is provided for additional scientific background.
- Joshua Tree Candidacy for Threatened Status
- Desert Tortoise Candidacy for Endangered Status
- Countywide Plan / Repeal of Community Plans
- Stagecoach Solar
- XPressWest Wildlife Crossings
- Stinknet Invasive Plant!
- Virtually Attend MBCA Board Meetings
- Check the MBCA Calendar for Online Events
- Support MBCA through Amazon Smile
The latest large-scale solar development proposed for a problematic desert location is Stagecoach Solar, proposed for the Lucerne Valley area. In this case we are pleased that many of our concerns about the project on behalf of east desert residents are mirrored by the two desert-area County Supervisors, District 3 Supervisor Dawn Rowe and District 1 Supervisor Robert Lovingood.Read more