- Pumped Dry: The Global Crisis of Vanishing Groundwater - June 8
- Salton Sea Action Committee's Ex-Officio & Stakeholders Meeting - June 9
- Emeritus Director Susan Luckie Reilly celebrates her 100th Birthday!
- Public Meeting: Land Use in the Johnson Valley Area
- Soda Mountain Solar: SB Co. Supervisors to decide future
I have several events you may want to consider attending and put into your calendars. Also, I have a correction to the previous E-Blast related to water projects.
Pumped Dry: The Global Crisis of Vanishing Groundwater
Wed., June 8th, 6-8p.m. / Furstworld – 8528 Desert Shadows Rd., JT * FREE
*Note: Parking limited. Please carpool from: 62040 Grand View Circle, JT (in town). Find out more on Transition Joshua Tree’s Events webpage.
- Joshua Tree Airport Solar: Next Era solar project on 115 acres
- Alta Mira Gated Community Housing Project: 248 homes on 105.24 acres
- Proposed Dollar General Store goes back to court
- Camp Rock Solar / Camp Rock Road, Lucerne Valley
- Cadiz Valley Water Conservation, Recovery and Storage Project ("Cadiz")
- Eagle Mountain / JTNP Boundary Study
- YV High School student Julia Martinez receives MBCA support
- MBCA celebrated Emeritus Director Esther Herbert
- 2016 Desert Wise Living Landscape Tour a great success!
Things are warming up now finally after a cool May, eh? Hope your swamp coolers are serviced and ready to go for the summer ahead!
There are several updates to long-standing campaigns and issues, also a new problematic solar project in Lucerne Valley. I believe the public interest in these issues and the willingness to respond are one of the Morongo Basin’s greatest assets. We want to continue to live in a healthy environment and there are definitely threats nipping at our heels that call for our attention and deserve a response!Read more