We encourage you to read today's Los Angeles Times op-ed about the Cadiz water project, "The ludicrous plan to pump Mojave Water to L.A.". The author, Peter Brooks, has been a featured speaker at two of MBCA's Desert-Wise Lectures. His focus in September 2015 was "The Future of Water: Understanding the Worlds's Most Precious Resource," and in September 2016 he presented "The future of energy and the grid for Morongo Basin" for MBCA. His LA Times opinion piece will give you an overview and update about why MBCA and many conservation groups and desert residents oppose the Cadiz project.
- 2017 Desert-Wise Landscape Tour a huge success!
- Sand-To-Snow and Mojave Trail National Monuments under review by Trump
- Eagle Crest Pumping Project
- County Renewable Energy Element Final Draft
At MBCA's 48th Annual Meeting on Saturday, January 28, members and supporters of MBCA heard a brief summary of MBCA's 2016 accomplishments and challenges, followed by an inspiring story of teaching high school students to appreciate the natural environment, ending with an information-rich panel presentation by local water officials.Read more
- MBCA Annual Meeting and Water Symposium – Jan. 28, 2017
- Return Eagle Mountain Lands to JTN
- Stop 2,220 home development - Mission Creek
- Apple Valley’s Habitat Conservation Pla
- Renewable Energy News – CA.’s RE Transmission Initiative
The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) presented its Huell Howser Best in Blue Award to the Joshua Basin Water District on December 1, 2016, for its innovative outreach program encouraging the public to plant water-saving native plants.Read more