The proposed Yellow-Pine Solar Project is another large-scale project inappropriately sited on BLM land in the Mojave Desert, and being fast-tracked without consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and with many other flawed rationales. MBCA has joined six other concerned organizations to send a fact-filled document refuting the validity of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement. Among the statements in the letter supported with references and illustrations are these:
- The Purpose and Need are Faulty.
- The Proposed Action, Alternative, and Environmental Consequences Analysis Is Inadequate.
- More Alternatives, Alternative Locations, and Distributed Generation Alternatives Need To Be Analyzed.
- No Mitigation Measures Are Provided For Significant Impacts To The Environment.
- Rare Plants Will Be Harmed.
- Eagles May Be Impacted.
- Burrowing Owls Will Be Significantly Impacted.
Details can be found in the Yellow-Pine Solar Project letter signed by MBCA, Basin and Range Watch, Western Watersheds Project, Sierra Club California and Nevada Desert Committee, Desert Survivors, and Shoshone Village.
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter