MBCA financially supports community conservation efforts in the Morongo Basin and beyond. Here are some of our past and current recipients:
- Yucca Valley High School – Funded Field Ecology class activities and equipment (Julia with sleeping bag pictured). Here is the latest thank-you letter from teacher Cindy Zacks describing how the program used MBCA's most recent donation.
- Save Our Desert - Contributed to Archaeology Study for Black Lava Buttes.
- National Park Service/Mojave National Preserve – Supported Tortoises Through the Lens book.
- National Parks Conservation Association – Contributed to hydrology research on the Cadiz Water Project.
- Twentynine Palms Water District – Funded prizes for a School Poster Contest.
- Joshua Basin Water District – Contributed to the Water Tank Mural Painting.
- Rose Foundation – Provide maintenance support for the Interactive Conservation Priorities map.
- Sunrise Movement – Contributed via support of Hannah Bacon’s cross-country walk (pictured). – Supported their Celebration of Victoria Fuller’s life.
- Community ORV Watch – Printed educational materials.
- Tribal Members Transportation – Supported transportation costs for desert tribal members to attend public comment meetings.
- California Desert Coalition – Supported several desert advocacy workshops.
- Basin & Range Watch – Supported their conservation work.
- Morongo Basin Dark Sky Alliance – Helped fund GIS mapping overlays.
- Native American Land Conservancy – Helped to organize and fund a Gathering of Tribes event.
- Desert Protection Society – Supported their work on the Eagle Crest Project.
- ALS Foundation – Donated in memory of former Board member Deb Bollinger’s husband Ron Cone.
- The Ruth Denison Scholarship of $500 for a Morongo Basin student pursing higher education in a conservation-related field.
- Sponsor for Big Read Morongo Basin 2020
- Became a supporter for the 2021 Arts Innovator MicroGrant.
Showing 3 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter