- Planning Commission to consider Light Trespass Ordinance
- Planning Commission Workshop on Housing Element
- California Rooftop Solar Threatened
- AB 1183 California Desert Conservation passes Senate
- Comment period on Joshua Tree National Park Improvements
MBCA Joins Scientists to Request Greater Consideration of Desert Carbon Sequestration in Climate Change Planning
Willow-like in appearance, the Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis) is actually a catalpa tree, hence its other name: Desert Catalpa. No matter what you call it, this tree is ideal for Morongo Basin landscapes. Attributes such as fast growth, heat tolerance, ease of care, and drought adaptation make it a desirable addition to the water-wise garden. It can be pruned into a shrub or allowed to grow into a tree.