In November a Draft Programmatic Environmental Assessment was published by the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center and other agencies, proposing actions to manage widespread raven problems in California desert military locations. In response, Ed LaRue of the Desert Tortoise Council sent a comment letter that approves of the raven abatement project so far as it’s necessary to protect desert tortoise, but also recommends a number of changes.
- Save the date for MBCA’s 53rd Annual Meeting
- Light Trespass Ordinance Now in Effect
- Protect Rooftop Solar in California
- Stagecoach Solar Project Update
- County to Amend Short Term Rental Ordinance
- Light Trespass Ordinance to be on Supervisor’s Agenda
- Scenic 247 Proposal to Planning Commission
- MBCA Supports California’s 30x30 Conservation Goal
- Give the Gift of an MBCA Membership
In a coalition letter sent in late November, MBCA joined with 25 other non-profit organizations to recommend that equity and environmental justice must become key elements in California’s plans to deal with climate change. Numerous specific recommendations in the letter suggest improvements to the draft Climate Smart Strategy document published this fall by the California Natural Resources Agency.