Letter: Scoping Comments on Calcite Solar in Lucerne Valley
Posted byon February 22, 2019
Related MBCA News follows this letter.
Posted by· December 01, 2020 10:36 AMContinue reading → Add your reaction Share
Posted by· February 25, 2019 4:57 PMAdd your reaction ShareAmong the numerous proposed solar projects in the Lucerne Valley and Newberry Springs area northwest of the Morongo Basin is the Calcite Solar Project. On February 22 MBCA sent scoping comments to San Bernardino County Land Use Services expressing concerns about likely negative impacts of this project. The comment letter emphasizes the cumulative effects of this project with three other nearby proposed projects: Ord Mountain Solar, Calcite Transmission unit, and the Siena Solar Project. Areas of concern include air quality and soils, aesthetics, and biological resources. The letter contains excellent data-rich maps once again provided by Brian Hammer and a paper by Robin Kobaly explaining the importance of underground biological entities that are critical to the survival of desert plants.Posted by· June 14, 2017 7:55 PMContinue reading → Add your reaction Share
- Joshua Tree Candidacy for Threatened Status
- Desert Tortoise Candidacy for Endangered Status
- Countywide Plan / Repeal of Community Plans
- Stagecoach Solar
- XPressWest Wildlife Crossings
- Stinknet Invasive Plant!
- Virtually Attend MBCA Board Meetings
- Check the MBCA Calendar for Online Events
- Support MBCA through Amazon Smile
See All Calcite Solar Project NewsDo you like this post?
- Ord Mountain Solar Project: comment by June 30
- MDLT campaign for 29 Palms property “Indian Trail Head”: ends June 30
- Healthy California Act, SB 562: Indivisible public forum, June 26
- CA. Assembly supports state’s monuments: AJR-15, Federal public lands