- Joshua Tree Solar Farm – video broadcast TOMORROW in JT
- Soda Mountain Solar – comment deadline 8/22/16
- MBCA Desert Wise Living fall lecture 9/24/16
- Joshua Tree Airport Solar Farm - Appeal Hearing decision
- Broadcast live via videoconference at the JT Burke Government Center tomorrow, Tuesday, August 16th, starting at 1:00PM
Hear each of the three Appellants will have 3 minutes each to speak, the developer NextEra’s 5 minutes in defense of the project, and the Supervisors vote and final decision. The public will not be given opportunity for additional spoken comment. (NOTE: This special BOS meeting will NOT be available on the internet via a link – only at the Burke Center videoconference.)
Thanks to the many residents who showed up last Tuesday at the Burke Government Center in JT and in San Bernardino at the Supervisors Chambers. Speakers in support of the Appeal – in opposition to the development – spoke clearly, eloquently, strongly. Supervisors however postponed their decision until tomorrow, August 16th.
Join MBCA Directors and others to attend in person & show the Sups we care: BOS Hearing Chamber, San Bernardino, 385 North Arrowhead Avenue, Covington Chambers, First Floor. Read MBCA’s comment letter on the JT Solar Farm.
We’re coming close to the deadline (Monday, August 22nd) to send comment letters to the Board of Supervisors (BOS) urging them to deny Bechtel permission to develop the Soda Mountain Solar project. Previous E-Blasts and our website have kept you informed about this unfortunate solar project that would destroy acres of pristine desert in a critical wildlife corridor between Death Valley National Park and the Mojave Preserve. The Supervisors are in the position to stop the project and there are numerous reasons for them to do so. Hopefully you’ve sent your comments in – if not – now’s the time!
You may submit comments to the Board of Supervisors in several ways:
- E-mail them to [email protected]
- fax them to (909) 387-4554
- mail them to or drop them off at:
Save This Date
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter