Thursday, March 24, 2016 - The Planning Commission meeting about the Altamira project was again cancelled and rescheduled for Thursday, April 7. Read the Z107.7 story for a summary of the residents' commentaries and the action of the Commission on March 24.
Thursday, March 17, 2016 - The teleconferenced County Planning Commission meeting about the Altamira housing project was rescheduled to Thursday, March 24th at 9:00 AM. Due to a traffic accident that resulted in a downed power pole, the Joshua Tree Government Center could not provide videoconference service that had been set up. About 40 residents who appeared at 9 AM to make public comments about the project waited about an hour until this rescheduling decision was made.
More background on Altamira
The link below is a series of recent detailed emails from MBCA Vice President David Fick, trying to make sure the San Bernardino Planning Staff fully inform the Planning Commission about the overwhelming number of concerns in the Joshua Tree and Morongo Basin communities about the Altamira Gated Community Housing Project.
NOTE: Several links to web documents and videos are highlighted in blue in this PDF document, but to open them you must go back to this page, using the the links listed below, which are in the sequence they are found in this document, with comments to help you identify them.
Click here to read David Fick's series of emails to the County Planning Department
- Video Link #1 - (YouTube video of the Joshua Tree MAC meeting of February 19, 2009)
- Video Link #2 - (YouTube video of the Morongo Basin MAC meeting of September 8, 2014. Alta Mira presentation is at minute 57:00.
- County Planning Staff Report
- Video Link #3 - YouTube video of the flooding near the Altamira project on September 16, 2014.
- Hi Desert Star article on the flood