Letter: Group, Oppose Next Era's Eagle Crest Project Bailout
Posted by Laraine Turk on June 23, 2020
Related MBCA News follows this letter.
EBlast August 3, 2020Posted by Laraine Turk · August 04, 2020 8:01 AMContinue reading → Add your reaction Share
- Desert Wise Living Landscape Desert Tour 2020 goes virtual!
- Petition to list yucca brevifolia as a threatened species
- Opposition to Eagle Crest pumped storage project
- Reject nomination of William Pendley to head BLM
- Daggett Solar Energy project update
- Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease in the Morongo Basin
- Complete the 2020 Census
- Support MBCA through Amazon Smile
MBCA Joins Broad Coalition Opposing Eagle Crest Pumped Storage ProjectPosted by Laraine Turk · June 26, 2020 3:35 PMContinue reading → Add your reaction ShareMBCA is one of 27 diverse non-profit groups opposing any further consideration of the Eagle Crest Pumped Storage Project in this June 23rd letter to Governor Newsom and the co-chairs of the recently created Task Force on Business and Jobs Recovery.
EBlast June 8, 2020Posted by Laraine Turk · June 08, 2020 5:23 PMContinue reading → Add your reaction Share
- Desert Wise Living Landscape Tour 2020 goes virtual !
- Petition to list Yucca brevifolia as a threatened species.
- A week of Invasive Species Lunchtime Webinars.
- Opposition to Yellow Pine Solar Project
- Action on Eagle Crest Pumping Opposition.
- Funding Mojave Trails Acquisition
- Environmental Justice in Lucerne Valley.
- Opposition to Habitat Conservation Fund Budget Trailer Bill.
- Support for AB3030 For Land and Water Conservation.
- Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease found in the Morongo Basin.
- Ruth Denison 2020 Environmental scholarship recipient.
MBCA's Action on Eagle Crest Pumping OppositionPosted by Laraine Turk · June 03, 2020 8:13 AMContinue reading → Add your reaction ShareIn January 2020, MBCA sent a letter opposing state legislative action that would have enhanced the prospects for the Eagle Crest Pumped Storage Project on the border of Joshua Tree National Park. Chief among our concerns is the inevitable overdraft of underground aquifers in the area and for the Park, with dire consequences for the flora and fauna.
EBlast April 20, 2020Posted by Laraine Turk · April 20, 2020 6:31 PMContinue reading → Add your reaction Share
- Earth Day
- 50th Anniversary Commemorative book distribution
- Desert Wise Living Landscape Tour 2020 postponed
- MBCA and social media initiative
- Ruth Denison Environmental Scholarship: 2020 recipient
- OHV enforcement in the Basin: the Sheriff’s report
- Protecting our dark night sky
- Advancing protection for Joshua trees
- Mountain lions to be considered for protection
- Eagle Crest pumped storage update
- Morongo Basin health care capability vs COVID-19
Pumped Storage at Eagle Mountain and Related IssuesPosted by Laraine Turk · March 09, 2020 9:50 PMAdd your reaction ShareA comprehensive article about the Eagle Mountain pumped storage project and similar projects in other areas of the country was published by the Los Angeles Times. MBCA has had continuing concerns about the use of the old Eagle Mountain mine for many years, especially as it relates to the environmental health of Joshua Tree National Park (which is noted in the article). To review past MBCA News Updates related to Eagle Mountain, go to MBCA's Search page and type in "Eagle" or "Eagle Mountain" and you'll find several dozen links to past relevant MBCA News and EBlasts.
Pro-Eagle Mountain Project Fails in State SenatePosted by Laraine Turk · June 02, 2019 10:03 AMAdd your reaction ShareCalifornia Senate Bill 772, which would have provided a supportive policy for hydroelectric energy storage projects like the Eagle Mountain project, failed to pass a full Senate vote. The bill could be reintroduced next year. Read details in this Desert Sun article and in the pre-vote Los Angeles Times opinion piece against the bill.
California Senate Bill Would Support Eagle Mountain Water Storage ProjectPosted by Laraine Turk · May 24, 2019 6:56 AMAdd your reaction ShareWhile not directly supporting the Eagle Mountain hydropower and storage project, the passage of SB 772 would require California to support projects that would store energy as part of the state's plan to increase renewable energy production. The increasing amount of solar and wind energy is more than can be used as it is produced, so storage becomes more important to continue reducing non-renewable energy consumption. This in-depth article in the Los Angeles Times provides perspective from both industry and environmental perspectives.
EBlast August 19, 2018Posted by Laraine Turk · August 20, 2018 8:24 AMContinue reading → Add your reaction Share
- San Bernardino Countywide Plan
- LUS regional meetings
- San Bernardino County Fire Service Zone parcel fees and special meeting
- San Bernardino County RECE 4.10
- Joshua Tree Airport Solar Project
- Eagle Crest Pumped Storage Project
BLM Approves Eagle Crest Pumped Storage ProjectPosted by Laraine Turk · August 03, 2018 9:56 AMAdd your reaction Share
On August 1, BLM issued a press release indicating its approval of the Eagle Crest Energy Company's plan for a "pumped storage" project at the former Eagle Mountain Mine near Desert Center. MBCA and many environmental groups and Joshua Tree National Park supporters have opposed the project. Even though it is described as a project that supports renewable energy, damage to the Park's ecological balance seems certain. MBCA's most recent News Update about this issue highlighted the Company's missed construction start deadline. In his August 1 story on the Eagle Crest project, Sammy Roth of the Desert Sun has included a history of the issues and status of the project and perspectives from both sides.See All Eagle Mountain NewsDo you like this post?
Letter: Comment Supporting Regional Advance Mitigation Program
Letter: Comments on Soda Mountain Solar
Letter: Wonder Inn Addendum
Letter: Comments on Wonder Inn
Eblast March 1, 2022Flamingo 640 Glamping Project going before Planning Commission Wonder Inn Project update Spring is here and so are Invasive Plants! Rooftop Solar Update 2023 Desert Wise Living Landscape Tour
Eblast January 28, 2022MBCA Annual Meeting Recording Now Available
Eblast January 7, 2022MBCA Annual Meeting – ‘Seeking Housing Solutions’ Benefit for Homeless / Un-Housed Children Light Trespass Ordinance is in Effect Rooftop Solar Update
Eblast December 10, 2022Support Rooftop Solar! Benefit for Homeless / Un-Housed Children MBCA Annual Meeting – ‘Seeking Housing Solutions’ How Dark is Your Night Sky? Give the Gift of an MBCA Membership
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter